From my dealings with tenants, I have observed that many of them dislike the idea of having an overbearing landlady in the compound. Their reasons, most of them claim, is based on a previous bad experience, which consist of, but not limited to the following:
1. Undue monitoring: some landladies keep a close eye on their tenants. They monitor the use of facilities in the compound. They frown at what they consider as a waste of water. Also, the use of electricity is supervised. Some landladies go as far as removing the main switch of the house whenever leaving the house without consideration to the tenants who might use the light while at home.
2. Mysterious happenings: I met a tenant that took his family away from their present apartment and decided to stay with his mother-in-law. According to him, he had to run away because his daughter was sick and there was no improvement despite all the medications.
3. Envy: some tenants have complained about landladies who seem to be unhappy when her tenants are making progress. This is expressed in funny behaviours that are annoying.
4. Undue restriction: they place a limit to the number of friends that a tenant receives in the house.
5. Supervision of tenants’ movement: some landladies have a lock out time for tenants who come late to the house. Some lock their gate by 8:00pm and will never open it no matter the pleadings.
6. Quarrelsome: living with a quarrelsome landlady can make your life a living hell. Your heart skips a bit when you sight such landlady.
In view of the foregoing, most tenants have vowed to avoid any house that the landlady is staying.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
1. Have you had such experience in the past? If so, how did you handle the situation?
2. How can you improve your relationship with your landlady?
Please, drop your comment below. Call 07031384722 for a conflict resolution.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE